With sub-freezing temperatures still affecting many locations in the U.S. right now, you may find it difficult to remember the sweltering heat of recent summers. But, recent research about weather trends shows “significant” increases in the number of extremely hot days and nights, and this trend is expected to continue. In fact, the Old Farmer’s Almanac, which has been in the business of predicting weather since 1792 (almost one hundred years longer than we’ve been in business here at Mauritzon – we started in 1888), is calling for more hot summer days in the months ahead.
Get ready! Summer 2015 in the U.S. will be here before we know it, and it’s a good idea to start planning for the anticipated “extremely hot days and nights” now. Now is also a good time to think about ways to keep your cool when the temperatures heat up, and to start planning how you’re going to help your customers keep their cool this summer, as well. In addition to seeking shelter indoors in air-conditioned homes and offices, many people will look for ways to stay cool when they’re outdoors this summer. Seeking shade and shelter under well-constructed awnings made with high-quality outdoor fabrics is one way to escape some of the heat.
As one of the nation’s largest industrial textile wholesale manufacturers and distributors, we’ve been featuring all types of industrial fabrics and related hardware for 127 years. Awning and outdoor fabrics and awning hardware are among our vast product selection, and this month we’re debuting a new awning and outdoor fabric here at Mauritzon. It’s called “Awnshade” because it’s so durable and easy to work with for awning construction, and it offers many great features for use outdoors, including:
- It’s available in 20 eye-catching colors and can also be custom-colored on both sides, making it perfect for privacy curtains and all types of awnings – residential awnings, retractable awnings, permanent awnings – and other outdoor products.
- It features anti-wicking scrim, and this protects the fabric against discoloration.
- The fabric is low-maintenance and easy-to-clean – if and when cleaning is necessary, because Awnshade features a non-porous coating that repels most dirt and pollutants on its own!
- It resists bruising and markings, and anyone involved in awning construction will appreciate that it’s so easy to weld.
- Awnshade is also fire-resistant, conforming to ULC-S109M, NFPA-701 and CSFM.
- And, as we mentioned, before, Awnshade is durable in high-heat situations and other harsh environments, so it’s ready to take the heat on those hot summer days ahead.
Additional information about Awnshade and other awning and outdoor fabrics we offer at Mauritzon can be found on our website. Or, if you have any questions, give us a call at 800-621-4352.