June is upon us, bringing with it the promise of warm weather, summer breaks and last, but certainly not least, National Safety Month.
Founded and organized by the National Safety Council, National Safety Month seeks to help companies in all sectors, but especially industrial, maintain and improve safety practices. At Mauritzon, we take safety seriously — not only during National Safety Month, but year round.
To help companies maintain optimal safety in their facilities, we work with a variety of industrial textiles to contribute to safety products, including:
1. Beige Insul-Shield Heat Treated Fiberglass Fabrics: Extremely versatile, Insul-Shield Heat Treated Fiberglass Fabrics can be used for various applications, including insulation lagging and protective shields and garments. These safety fabrics are resistant to the majority of corrosive chemicals, including most acids (with the exclusion of hydrofluoric acid), alkalis, and solvents. They can also resist corrosive environments, including those with high temperatures.
2. Welding Curtains: Welding is a potentially dangerous processes, posing burn and fire risks; Mauritzon supplies a variety of high-quality, flame-retardant welding curtains to help welders and others stay safe on the jobsite. Along with serving as welding curtains and enclosures, our curtains can be used as grinding shields, privacy dividers, dust or spray confinement solutions, and more.
3. Welding Blankets: Welding blankets differ from welding curtains in that they are manufactured from fiberglass and coated fiberglass textiles, as opposed to 100% cotton or vinyl. They can be used in any application where a welding curtain can be used.
4. Flame-Retardant Textiles: Like welding curtains and blankets, most of our other products are also flame retardant. If not, products can be customized to incorporate any of a range of flame-retardant textiles.
5. 303 Clear Vinyl Protective Cleaner: Equally as important as safety products, are the supplies to clean your materials and keep them high-functioning. 303 Clear Vinyl Protective Cleaner not only effectively cleans a range of materials — including vinyl, clear vinyl, Strataglass, and Eisenglass — but also helps to keep them in good working condition by protecting against the effects of UV radiation.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) works hard to make sure companies from all industries have the knowledge they need to keep their employees safe and healthy. Mauritzon is happy to support National Safety Month and is proud to offer reliable, high-quality products to help other companies and organizations do the same.